layout

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Let's Get Crafty!

When I have too much time on my hands, I spend way too much time on Pinterest. I have seen this idea before and thought it was clever, but never had much need for it. Then one of my three-drawer plastic containers was broken on the journey to Poland.
This week, free time met online shopping and I had a project on my hands. Now if you want to see some Pinterest quality work you should probably check here or here.
With a little inspiration and 3 rolls of contact paper, I set out to make this junk storage presentable and slightly less broken.
Just cutting the contact paper straight was way too much pressure for my liking. But I did my best to follow the grids, line everything up, and find some patience. 
Two hours later, I still hadn’t found any patience; but the drawers were completely covered. 
A few Clorox wipes to the frame and it looks great. 
Well, if you squint your eyes and tilt your head while ignoring the air bubbles I couldn’t manage to get out.



One down, two more to go. I think I'll wait for a rainy day to tackle them though!

1 comment:

themathrebels said...

You put the contact paper on the OUTSIDE of the drawers... correct?