layout

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

A Special Treat

I have been so excited to try this super cute idea I read on Me and My Pink Mixer. The fact that the leaders are going to the Fall retreat early has given me the perfect excuse. It also ended up being a good reason to avoid getting everything else I needed to accomplished.

So what do you get when you combine a simple cake mix,

English Toffee Bits,
Butter Cream Icing,
and small Mason Jars???
The makings of cupcakes in a jar!!! The blog I read used chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate - which I think is a fantastic idea; however, I was going for a very Fall inspired goody. I used Butter Pecan Cake mix to make the cupcakes and butter cream flavored icing. I put a cupcake in the bottom of each jar.
Then I added icing and toffee bits...
Last but not least, I topped it off with another cupcake. I used a serrated knife to cut around the edges so the cupcakes fit a little better. I put on the lid, added some fabric, and tied on a plastic coordinating fork.
I was so happy with how they turned out. I hope all of the leaders feel a little extra sweetness and love tomorrow when they get their cupcakes in a jar.
I even had an extra one left over for Jason when he got home from church tonight!
YUMMY!!!!

3 comments:

Lisa B. said...

Although I've not made cupcakes in a jar yet, I love the idea. You did great!

AllieMakes! said...

Ok, that is stinkin' adorable! Really cool!
Thanks for linking up to Making It With Allie! I can't wait to see what you have for next week!
AllieMakes.Blogspot.com

Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top said...

Yum! What a cute idea. I'm going to have to try this some time.