layout

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Brain Training

I just love teaching Independent Studies at SCA. I know it is because I just love teaching... It can't be the dinosaurs we try to do computer work on... ( We are blessed to have them - I'm not complaining)
Anyway, all the students favorite website is www.lumosity.com which is a brain training software. It has exercises for all ages and works with all levels from adults to children. I love it too!
Me and several of the kids have a running contest going to see who can get the highest score on a game called 'word bubble' and I just beat the current record. I am so proud that I can come up with more words from three letter beginnings than a ninth grader (who held the record)!!!!!
I don't know what is sadder, the fact that I am spending time away from school playing a school game or the fact that I totally intend to rub my victory in a kids face on Tuesday (lovingly and encouragingly of course.....) I can't promise there won't be any sticking out of the tongue...
My high score is 2160.... See if you can beat it!!!!!

No comments: