layout

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Freak Out

Well, my life has taken quite a turn toward crazy. I was so excited to get back in the swing of things with school, I completely forgot about how hard it is to keep things running smoothly in our house when I'm in school. Layer that with the fact that this semester is going to be H.A.R.D!!!!!!!!! Not 'I will have to spend a few extra hours a week studying' hard - more like 'I will be lucky if I survive this' hard. Getting a degree in history at Georgia College is no joke. I added up all the papers I will be required to write this semester - 108 pages! I have approx. 300 pages of outside reading to complete each week and I must be completing LOTS of research for the 10, 15, and 20 page final papers that will be due at the end of the semester. I have been introduced to the world of primary sources, which are found in archives all over the state that I will need to visit. Oh, and I now know where all 159 counties in Georgia can be located on a map.
Yeah, it's that kind of hard.
So if you see me pulling my hair out or hear me talking randomly to myself in the near future - just pity me.
Andy preached from 2 Col. 2 last Sunday and talked a lot about Christ being the fullness of God. He also shared about being made perfect in Him. At the time it was written perfect meant whole or complete. What I needed to hear from the message was that in Christ, God has supplied everything I need to be complete for the tasks He sets before me. I now that this is what I am supposed to be doing. I will need to keep this thought ever before me: Where I can't do it - God can.
I have already fought back and forth all week that there was no way I could possibly keep up with my full time job, full time school load, and full time family. I am right. I can't. But in Christ, I can claim the fullness of God to fill in where I lack, to make me wholly able.
I'm not saying it will be pretty. I am actually pretty sure it is going to get real ugly. I just know that come what may, in the end, I will be able to look back and see the mighty hand of God all over the thing.

If you think about it, please pray for me to have a sharpened focus on whatever task is before me. Pray that I will be able to quiet the swirling in my head that is reminding me of what I need to complete, so I will be able to complete what is in front of me. Pray for Jason and the girls because I will be spending many, many hours at the library.

But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you. For my power is made perfect in weakness". Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know.
Jeremiah 33:3

No comments: