layout

Monday, July 29, 2013

Living in a Polish Fairytale


So far one of my favorite things in all of Poland is the interesting way many of the older Polish couples spend weekends.
In the middle of Warsaw they have these blocks fenced off and portioned out into little garden plots.
The owners of these plots are VERY proud of them and see spending their weekends here as a huge luxury.
Those who know me know that I can be a bit fussy when it comes to where I sleep. So, you can see how it is a little difficult for me to label these shacks, umm I mean houses luxurious. There is no plumbing; which means no water or bathrooms. Every Saturday I have seen men carrying big bottles of water to their garden houses!
But what they don’t have in modern convenience they make up for in charm and beauty. It must be like stepping into a fairytale. Every time I run by I imagine a new set of characters from the Grimm brothers’ acting out their stories. And maybe I've imagined what it would be like to live there - well, until I had to pee.
I just think the whole concept is amazing and I really want to be invited over for dinner. Except I wonder what they eat????






No comments: