layout

Sunday, July 7, 2013

Milledgeville Memories

My world is about to get a whole lot bigger! But the last 13 years of my life in Milledgeville have been very significant. Milledgeville is where I became an adult. Where I figured out who I was and what I wanted in life. Where I will always call home.
These are some of my favorite places...
My very first home. Jason and I bought it just after we got married. Our little family all came together in this little house. Jason and I learned we both liked renovation in this house. We also learned to really love each other there too.

I love this trolley. Most people who live here have never even been on it. I have probably been on it at least a dozen times. I learned about Milledgeville's rich history riding around with the wind in my hair. I could always go back to those rides when I was wondering what I had gotten myself into when I was getting a history degree.

I love this strip of Hancock Street. Many of the restaurants have changed, and then changed again. They weren't important. The friendships I have made and grown in those buildings are priceless to me. 

Blackbird Coffee. Where I learned to like coffee (well Mocha Lattes), but more importantly where I learned to enjoy spending time all alone. Once upon a time I didn't even like going to the grocery store by myself. I could sit in here and read or just think. It smells good. It makes me feel cool.

First Presbyterian Church. My grandparents have been apart of this church forever! We never attended services other than their Christmas Eve service, but half of the most influential moments in my life took place in this sanctuary. I married my love and I said goodbye to my grandaddy. Both men have been wildly influential in who I am.

My favorite restaurant. They have my favorite dessert - White Chocolate Macadamia Bread Pudding with Bananas Foster. Yum... 

This was Field's Chiropractic Office. I worked here as an office manager. It was a very turbulent time in our lives with lots of changes. I learned so much about my health and how my body worked.

Georgia Military College. In this very building I took my first college classes and realized I actually could go back to school as an adult. Also, I must mention, I hated those stairs. From far away they are unassuming, but I promise they are steep and I dreaded them so much. 

My favorite place at Georgia College and State University. On this campus I found a passion for      life-long learning. The time I spent on this campus was some of the best of my life. And I loved this walkway to class.

Georgia College Library. I think I officially moved in to one of its study rooms for a while. I discovered that I love research surrounded by the smell of old books and the sounds of whispers shared with friends. I felt right at home in the back corner of the third floor.

 
My favorite stretch of road on my most familiar running path. When I first moved to Milledgeville, Bo and I walked these roads countless evenings. When I was first going through Couch to 5K, it was on these roads. When we first knew we were going to move overseas, I would daydream while I ran. I have ran in LOTS of places, but I always come back here. My last US run will be on these streets.

The Depot. This was Georgia College's Gym my first summer taking classes. I learned to run on a treadmill here and learned how far I could push myself. Running all alone on a treadmill in that hot building I found out how much I could do when I am consistent. 

This place has been so many things to my family and I. My family has grown to love the Lord here. God and I have settled many matters on this alter. We have made some of our most precious connections with people we love so much here. We learned to serve others here. Through the ups and downs, this has been our church home and it has housed our people. No matter what, I will always remember Sinclair Baptist Church with so much fondness and such sweet memories. 

No matter where I go. This is home.

No comments: