layout

Monday, August 19, 2013

Separation Anxiety


Tomorrow is the big day! My sweet babies are packing their lunches, filling their backpacks, and heading off to the first day of school.
They are so excited and their new school is so amazing. We feel so blessed for the girls to have the opportunity to attend a school that offers so much.
But…
This will be the first time in four years that I will be sending them off to school without me. I have either been at their school teaching or been the teacher (our wild 1 year homeschool adventure). While both girls are so excited and so ready to head off in the morning, I am feeling very emotional about the whole things.
I have to walk my most precious treasures to their classrooms and then….leave. Like actually walk out the front door and go home.
I have never been a clingy parent so all this anxiousness about ‘Back to School’ is very unfamiliar and uncomfortable. I have been praying with them and for them. I have spoken blessing upon blessing over their sweet little heads, but when the moment of truth arrives, I might have to join all the Kindergarten moms wearing sunglasses to hide the misty eyes. And I will be really glad when the nanny brings them home.
I know this is such a good thing for my girls and that they are going to learn and grow in ways I can’t begin to imagine. I am glad they are going back to school. I will enjoy the quiet time. But tomorrow, I will miss them. And I will probably have a good cry.
Then I will blow my nose, freshen my makeup and meet new friends for coffee; knowing that my Heavenly Father will not be leaving them to navigate a new school and make new friends on their own. He has a plan for them that is beyond my greatest hopes and wishes. I know He loves them more than I do and that I can trust Him go before them and be with them.
Despite my sniffles, Cheers to a great 8th and 4th grade year! It is going to be great!

No comments: