layout

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Fall Craftiness

I have found myself quite addicted to reading blogs lately. I love all things crafty and boy there are lots of crafty ideas out there in blogland. This weekend I took the plunge and tried a project that I read about a few weeks ago. I would love to give credit to whomever I borrowed the idea from but I couldn't find the blog again to save my life.
I know that I didn't copy the idea exactly, but that is what makes it unique. Anyway, I wanted to share my little project...
I started by going to JoAnne's for fabric. Carlie helped me pick out the floral print. It was on sale for $7.99 a yard. And I had a 20% off coupon which made it very inexpensive. Then I choose three coordinating colors that were $2.99 a yard.
I felt like these colors were very beautiful and put me in the mood for Fall. Then I cut them in 1 inch by 8 inch strips.

Then I took a coat hanger nd bent it in the shape of a square. I remember that the blog tutorial said to bend it into the shape of a circle and leave the hanger part to tie a bow on and hang it on the door. I just thought it would be cooler to be a square.
Then I tied the strips of fabric on my square frame. And Voila! It was ready for hanging...
I bought 1 yard of the 3 plain colors and 1/2 of a yard of the floral fabric. I ended up only using about half of it. So now I need some ideas about what to do with the rest. I have two sconces on either side of the door and I would love to do something with them with the remaining fabric. Maybe some smaller circular wreaths that hang from either one???
What do you think????

2 comments:

Tina said...

WOW!!! so proud you actually accomplished a craft you saw! Me, on the other hand, I have tons of things I want to try!! Your wreath turned out soooo cute!

Katherine @ Grass Stains said...

It is SO cute! I read lots of design blogs, as well, but I can't remember where I've seen this idea before, either. But yours turned out GREAT!