layout

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Just Makin' It Up

Well, I have officially been on a diet for 7 weeks. This whole "change the way you eat forever" thing has been a tough transition, but I'm finally beginning to feel more habitual about the way I work through each day. And by habitual I mean bored out of my mind with what I am eating. I am so picky that a complete nutritional overhaul has limited me while I learn new ways to eat the things I love. This is where this new made up recipe came about...

I saw a few minutes of Everyday Italian and the chef was making stuffed pork chops. I don't like pork and I didn't like a thing she used as her stuffing; but the idea stuck. So, I just worked with ingredients I liked.
I chopped up red, orange and yellow peppers...
Added chopped green onions, salt, pepper
And - Cream Cheese (this is the one ingredient I stole from Miss Italian) I mixed it all up, sliced chicken breasts longways and stuffed them. I put them in a baking dish, drizzled them with a little extra virgin olive oil and duped a bag of frozen green beans around them.
Then I baked it for about an hour at 350.
Yummy!!!!!! What a nice change of routine...
Not that pretty, but it sure tasted great...
I am on the hunt for more low carb, low fat ideas.... Let me know if you have any great recipes...

1 comment:

steph said...

Ok, I love you, you know that, but uh...that looks gross! Sorry! :)