layout

Thursday, September 9, 2010

I can hear them calling my name...




With the amazing weather we have been having lately I am beginning to daydream of Autumn. I can hear the mountains calling my name. This time of year I am not even looking forward to a vacation. I get to do something so much better!!!!! Our church's women's fall retreat. It is one of my favorite things of the entire year. I can't wait to get snuggled in to the North Georgia Mountains and focus on building friendships and growing closer to Christ. I just can't wait!!! Paradise Lodge here we come!!!


My Favorite Things About The Fall Retreat:

1. Getting away with the girls for an entire uninterupted weekend

2. Morning Devotions on the back deck listening to Worth and Stephanie as they sing praises out of the overflow of their hearts

3. Having time to really focus on my relationship with Christ and growing closer to Him

4. Shopping

5. And my all time favorite is something we just started last year. There is a beautiful small wooden chapel just down the road from our cabin. Last year we all piled in and had the most wonderful impromptu worship service. It was such a special time of genuine worship and praise and the music that was lifted up to our Savior was beautiful. I will be looking forward to this time all weekend.

I am also so excited about the material we will be using this year. Check out the link below to see a quick promo and you will totally understand why I can't wait to get to the mountains!


What are you looking forward to at the retreat if you are going, or this Fall???


1 comment:

Chris, Lauren and Gage said...

catching up with old friends, making new ones, laughing, crying, dancing, and SINGING...Meggie...I am SOOO excited!

You know what I was thinking about earlier when we were texting?? This time last year I didn't have a "place" and since then God blessed Chris and I with the remote ministry...I just wonder what He will teach me this year!

love ya girl!