layout

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Sweet Surprise Supper

I was so surprised tonight with my sweet daughter. Alaynah is growing up into such a sweet, responsible girl. Jason and I are convinced that her much younger sister will get married years before her because she will be way to busy saving the world, but she will make one amazing wife and mother. She loves all things creative and homey. She sews, crochets, and cooks in her spare time. Today she was inspired by our school 'lunch lady's' shepherd's pie and decided that she would take care of dinner. When she was preheating the oven she even said, "Oh my, it is after 6 and I still don't have dinner on the table" and was actually worried about it. Domestic Goddess in the making - I'm telling you. I actually think God is preparing her to serve on the mission field someplace far away where she will need to be able to sew and make things from scratch. However, I'm not thinking about that right now.
Tonight she made us all wait until Jason got home to sit down together. After I got her started she chased me out and wouldn't let me anywhere near the kitchen. I'll confess - I had absolutely no problem! When we walked out we were all greeted by a lovely set table.

No be too impressed by the cloth napkins. Those we use all the time. But I was quite impressed with the place cards.
I was most impressed by the fact that she had made menu's. The Main Course Section had 1. Shepherds Pie 2. Shepherds Pie 3. Shepherds Pie :) Silly Girl
Even her sister loved it!
I am so impressed by what a wonderful young lady she is becoming. God has been so gracious to mold her into such a precious example child of His, despite her parents. I am so grateful for her!

No comments: