layout

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Oh How I Love ModgePodge

I have been searching for a chance to try out the brand new bottle of Modge Podge that I bought about 2 months ago. I began to read about different ways people were using Modge Podge and I REALLY wanted to try it. Yesterday I decided to "fix" my Fall wreath and the perfect opportunity arose. If you want to see how I made it go here.
My wreath was looking very weepy so I decided to trim up the ends so they would be fluffier. I also added a little scarecrow to dress it up. I really liked how it turned out.

While I was at it I let both girls make a small wreath to be hung around the sconces on either side of the door. Then I just used some gold ribbon I had to hang them.
I really think my front door is beginning to look put together. I am so glad, because I was not loving how sad my door was looking.
Now back to Modge Podge....
After my wreath haircut I had a pile of fabric scraps that were just screaming to be saved from the trash can.
Then it hit me. What if I made a Thanksgiving Sign for my entry table that would coordinate with the wreath on the front door? Well, I figured all I could do was try. So, I dug out a old picture frame that I liked the shape of and pulled it apart. Now, when I say old I mean 80's flashback.
Then I modgepodged the scraps onto a sheet of scrapbook paper that I cut to fit the frame. Then I printed up the 'Be Thankful' and added it on top.
I then added it to my entry table with a little scarecrow and a few pumpkins. It still needs some work but it is coming along...



If you have any ideas of ways to make this area more complete, I would love to hear them.
I really love link-up parties. I get some of my best ideas from some of these:
Remodelaholic Anonymous @ Remodelaholics
Show and Share Day @ Just a Girl
Frugal Friday @ The Shabby Nest
Frugalisious Friday @ Finding Fabulous

1 comment:

Tina said...

Something with some height... like a skinny lamp or several mix matched candle holders that are tall.