layout

Friday, August 7, 2009

A Little Luttrull Experiment

Okay, so the last several weeks in the Luttrull home have been quite trying. Between Jason working almost 70 hours a week and my FULL-Time school demands we have been going full steam for too long. Needless to say, last week Jason worked so much and was so frustrated that I worked very hard to completely tend to the needs of the children, cooking, and mounds of homework. And in order to help curb the frustration, I spent tons of extra time every day making sure the house was clean and tidy. Because when I'm frustrated there is nothing worse than a messy house.
Jason was grateful and very sweet about how much extra I was having to do, until...
Sunday things had gotten messy from multiple science projects and a weekend full of children activities, and Jason thought he'd be funny and say..."I'm glad your quarter is almost over so WE can do our quarterly house cleaning" - Are you kidding me!
Thus the experiment began, it is hard to explain how cleaning different areas everyday prevents utter chaos in our home so I decided it might be more easily understood by just proving it. I decided not to say a word but just to cease all housework and all instruction to the girls about housework for one week. At the time it seemed ingenious.
Day 1: When we went to bed Jason said "You're going to sleep and I haven't eaten - this isn't good" - I thought it was funny
Day 2: I caved a little, I never realized how irritating mess can be. I only swept a little. Jason has a cold so he is too snotty to notice much.
Day 3: My house is officially a disaster zone. Good thing no city officials or DFACS agents felt the need to drop in. Unfortunatly Jason hardly dropped in. I think he left by 7:30 and came home around 9 and went straight to bed.
Day 4: I have a stomach bug. Not sure if it is actual germs or nerves about finals or just plain being sick of my house. This is harder for me than him. I'm starting to rethink this little adventure.
Day 5: Took finals today. Came home and got in bed. Jason spent the day cleaning the house. Over dinner we discussed the point I was attempting to make.
I'm pretty sure it didn't work. I was miserable, he was clueless, and my house is gross.
So in the future - no more house cleaning strikes. I'll just have to take his comments that are meant to inspire family excitement to clean more in stride.
I gotta go clean my bathroom now because every time I walk in there I want to throw up!

1 comment:

Tina said...

Sooooooooooooooo FUNNY!!!!! Sounds like something I would do to Scott !!!!!