layout

Sunday, August 2, 2009

Who needs sleep anyway???

So, I hate it when I can't sleep.
It could be from excitement of the day to come.
It could be from worry about the day to come
It could be from anxiety over the day to come
Our it could be just cause....
Either way it is something that is new to me. Because anyone who knows me well, knows - I LOVE to sleep. It is truly one of my favorite pastimes.
However, with all these sleepless nights I have discovered one thing - I Love the sunrise!
It is such evidence that God's mercies truly are new every morning. Sunrise feels like no other time of day.
The birds sing loudly.
The earth is peaceful.
Things are more clear.
It even smells different.
I haven't had much exposure to sunrise since my babies were brand new.
It is quickly becoming my favorite part of the day...
But I still wish seeing one didn't have to accompany a night of no sleep.
Maybe when I grow up I'll go to bed early enough to rise before the sun each morning???

No comments: