layout

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Learning about Light

As I am shamelessly avoiding the many hours of science homework I have ahead of me tonight, I wanted to share an amazing thing that I just learned...
God has used countless mighty men and women of His word to teach me so much about who He is, but yesterday He used a secular teacher to show me something awesome. We were learning about the big bang (which I still don't believe). During a presentation about what scientist believed happened something struck me. They said there was this singularity (don't ask!) and then suddenly it exploded and there was light everywhere! Now I am a veteran sunday school attender so I thought I had a pretty solid understanding of "Let there be light" and there was. But in my mind it was - daylight. But the Bible doesn't say that. It said God commanded light! And that was it - Light - Everywhere - Only. Immeasurable energy, immeasurable gravity, immeasurable intensity - all in the form of light!
Scientist have recently found radiation waves that they believe are remaining from that initial burst of light. No matter what they take them for - I say that when my God speaks the action is eternal. I have been seeing proof of the Light he can speak for a long time. I'm glad they have finally caught on.

2 comments: