layout

Saturday, July 25, 2009

Ministry to a world-weary heart

It is so easy for the world to slowly chip away at me. Usually with little things like being tired, feeling overwhelmed by housework and homework and all the other busy work of daily life. It wears away the calmness and tenderness by hurtful words, and debates about whose right and whose wrong. All little things, so that I don't realize what has been being stolen away.
God has promised me a calm spirit, an asurance in His strength, and comfort in his faithfulness. It is amazing how far away from that safety one can get before you even know it because things were worn down so slowly.
Oh but there is a great cure!!!! God sends us our girlfriends! Just a few hours with my girls can erase a week of struggle. They don't make my problems go away - they just gracefully share the load. We don't have to get together and cry about our worries (though sometimes we do!). Mostly we can laugh them away for a while. And it is good medicine!!!
The Lord is so faithful to me that He has given me the priveledge of friends who lift me up, who love me in spite of myself, and who are a willing to eat off my plate and share a napkin.
I love the women involved in Sinclairs Women's Ministry. They are wonderful women of God whom I adore. Tonight at our Ladies Night Out, as I looked around, I was able to see so much beauty there. Glowing from within. What a priveledge to be counted among them.
I know it has been a struggle a SBC lately. Many have left ( and I pray will come home) but I want to shout from the rooftops that God is doing a great thing and what a priveldge and joy it will be to see the glimpses of Glory He is pouring out! I don't want to be a problem maker. I want to go where God is and stand in awe of Him.
I'm afraid I chased rabbits - But my heart is so full these days.... Halleluia

2 comments:

Angel said...

I am with you Megan. God is about to do a great work in our church...So hold on, hold tight, and let's go!

steph said...

Amen sister. He has missed us standing in front of Him in awe. He has brought us back from the rabbit trails! :)